Find Birmingham AL Homeless Shelters, Emergency Housing and Transitional Housing
Homelessness In America is a free Birmingham AL directory. We do not ever charge a fee for our service to anyone, anywhere, period. Please find our current list of Birmingham AL homeless shelters, women's and men's shelters, Birmingham AL soup kitchens, Birmingham AL low income housing and numerous other resources. There currently a lot of support centers in Birmingham AL that are short of donations, supplies, and especially volunteers.
How to Contact Your Birmingham AL Homeless Shelter or Support Center
- Call ahead first, before you visit. Use the contact information we have provided.
- Get your pen, pencil, or computer ready to take notes.
- Make a note of the name of the person you contact, use it and remember it.
- Be polite, the people on the other end could be your neighbors and they are simply volunteering their time.
- Remember, the person you contact is likely to be underpaid for their work, if they are paid at all.
- Many Birmingham AL nonprofit organizations or government offices are overwhelmed and in need both donations and volunteers.
- Many homeless shelters and other shelters are full and have a long waiting list.
- If the organization you contact has a waiting list be sure to ask how to get on their list.
- If the center is unable to help you at this time, ask who else can help.
- Let the person you contact know you found out about them through this free resource, Homelessness In America.
If you know of a Birmingham AL homeless shelter, low income housing, soup kitchen or other resource missing from our directory please click here to let us know. Again, our directory and service is free. We do not accept donations or take money from homeless shelters or any of the other organizations we list in our directory. If you would like to support us, simply link to our web site, bookmark our site, or tell someone about our free service. Our email is email@example.com. Thank you!